Monday 28 March 2016

Week 3 2016 with Melinda

Hi hi, Melinda here today sharing my next project with you using the awesome Simple Stories "Life In Color" range!

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter and that the Easter Bunny was good to you all but not too good that you over indulged ;)

So, I have jumped ahead in our PL album/s, I really wanted to do something current so I pulled out our week 3 for 2016 and got to work.

My process always starts in a notebook deciding which photo's to print and which stories I wish to tell. I then print my photo's at Big W while I do my food shopping. Photo's into pockets, cards with photos in pockets and then I get to play putting it all together!

I have lots of photo's to share today so I grab a coffee and take 5 ;)

First up, the double page spread using an K design on the left and an E design on the right.


I love this range and how it came together so easily for me!

Onto the left hand side


And some of the cards


A close up of the title card for the week. That chipboard clip is actually silver but, oh boy, silver is eve harder than gold to photograph!


I really love how this card turned out so I wanted to share a close up! I have used one of the 12x12 cut apart sheets that had the 4x4 cards pre-printed. I cut along one of the printed lines and tucked my photograph underneath. I added one of the clear coloured stickers to the printed label, did my journalling and added the date :)


And I just wanted for you to be able to see these cool clear coloured stickers again - love how they look on top of a photo - especially those paint brush strokes one!


And onto the right hand side :)




This card is actually in a flip pocket - I often use them to add an extra photo or story, so easy!


And the back side of the flip with a little embellishment and a fun collage from my oldest son's birthday :)

This week also includes a 5x7 insert - it's pretty simple but a story documented and some words written to my son :)


The front of the pocket - I printed the photo at 5x7 with a border and trimmed off alot of the border and then mounted it on one side of the patterned paper I wanted to use.


And the back of the pocket. I just ADORE this paper and did toss up using it behind the photo but decided I would see more of it if I used it this way :) Typed up my journalling, cut it up into strips and stuck it down with some wet adhesive. 


And YAY, extra space that I could do a little embellishing in! Some stickers from both the sticker sheets and the clear sticker sheets. Also a couple of strips of washi from the washi strip pack.

That's it for me for today! I have another PL spread to share here again soon but make sure you check back in to see the other girls gorgeous work!!

Melinda





1 comment:

  1. Melinda - love this PL double - the smile on your son's face on the bike is priceless xxxx

    ReplyDelete